Internship Application Closing date: 3 August 2018.
Internship Provider: University of Pretoria (UP)
Internship Location: Pretoria, Gauteng
FACULTY OF VETERINARY SCIENCE
ONDERSTEPOORT VETERINARY ACADEMIC HOSPITAL
INTERNSHIP: PRODUCTION ANIMAL STUDIES (REPRODUCTION SECTION) (12 MONTH CONTRACT APPOINTMENT)
PEROMNES POST LEVEL 10
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria’s commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
Wonderful opportunity for a Junior Veterinarian to gain more experience in the field of veterinary reproduction (all species) and learn from specialists in their field!
The successful candidate will actively participate in the following areas:
- Majority of the time spent on the Reproduction rotation at the Onderstepoort Veterinary Academic Hospital (OVAH);
- Clinical service in several other sections of the OVAH, including a 24-hour and weekend service;
- Administrative duties associated with clinical work;
- Assist with teaching and clinical/practical training (including basic surgical skills) of undergraduate veterinary and veterinary nursing students;
- Assist clinicians with research and publications;
- Other clinical/academic duties as delegated by the line manager;
- Community engagement activities, including clinical duties at community clinics associated with the University.
- BVSc-degree or BVMCh or equivalent professional veterinary qualification;
- Registration as a Veterinarian with the SAVC;
- Acknowledged clinical expertise;
- Valid working visa (where relevant);
- Adequate subject knowledge and interest in the field of Reproduction in all species.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Appropriate language and communication skills;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Good computer skills (Windows, MS Office, internet);
- After-hours availability.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Commitment to further academic development.
The all-inclusive remuneration package for this contract position will be R 252 000 per annum.
How to apply
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: [email protected]P.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
CLOSING DATE: 3 August 2018
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
Inquiries: Dr. Kate May, e-mail address: [email protected]
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 October 2018, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.