Millions of Americans suffer car crash injuries in crashes every year. Thousands die. Some wrecks are unavoidable, but most crashes could be prevented. They are caused by someone’s careless acts.
Car Accident Settlements
Our attorneys strive to ensure our clients are fully compensated for their losses. We have recovered more than $1 billion on behalf of our clients, with 215 verdicts or car accident settlements of $1 million or more. Our results include:
- $33.2 million verdict Obtained on behalf of a young man who suffered severe injuries in a Lake County accident. It remains the largest jury verdict in Lake County history.
- $17.9 million verdict Awarded by a Cook County jury to a woman who was injured in a collision with a tractor-trailer. Shortly before the jury returned its verdict, the case settled for $14 million.
- $10.8 million partial settlement Obtained on behalf of a Lake County man who was permanently disabled after being struck by a car.
We take pride in the professional, friendly service we provide to every client. We may work quickly and aggressively – but we always take the time to talk with our clients about their case.
To learn more about how we can help you, contact us today. Call or submit our online form. Our consultations are always free, and they carry no obligations.
Why hire an attorney?
Studies have shown that auto accident victims recover more in damages when represented by an attorney than when they attempt to deal with an auto insurance company on their own.
The reality is that an accident lawyer can provide a variety of services that are aimed at recovering the maximum amount for you and your family after a car accident. These services include:
- Thoroughly investigating your accident.
- Consulting with experts from a variety of fields, including accident reconstruction, mechanical engineering, medical care and life-care planning experts.
- Closely looking at all insurance policies involved in your case.
- Ensuring all documents are filed in a timely manner.
- Aggressively negotiating with the auto insurance company.
- Presenting a persuasive case on your behalf in court.
- Resolving any health care or other liens attached to your recovery in a manner that ensures you receive the amount you need to pay for all of your medical expenses and move on in life with financial security.
At Salvi, Schostok & Pritchard P.C., we provide free consultations. We do not charge for our legal services unless we obtain a recovery for you. Our firm has a record of success, including 208 cases that have resulted in awards of $1 million or more.
What Will An Attorney Do For Your Motor Vehicle Accident Claim?
At Salvi, Schostok & Pritchard P.C., we believe it is crucial to conduct an immediate, thorough investigation of a car wreck so as to ensure that no evidence is lost or destroyed. It is critical you contact a Chicago car accident attorney immediately about your car accident claim.
We can collect extensive evidence in your case, including:
- The police crash report
- Photos of the accident scene
- Photos of the damaged vehicles
- Eyewitness statements
- Information from the event data recorder (EDR, or “black box”)
- Cell phone records and other electronic evidence
- Manufacturer records or recall information
- Medical records and work records.
We can also consult with highly qualified experts who can help us to determine:
- Who caused the accident?
- Who should be held liable?
- How much you deserve to recover?
Our goal is to compile enough evidence to establish a solid car accident claim and make the best case possible for full and fair compensation. We aggressively negotiate with insurance companies and use a skilled approach to representing our clients in the courtroom.
As we pursue compensation for our crash clients, our attorneys can search through all possible options, including:
- The at-fault driver’s liability coverage Illinois law requires drivers to carry liability insurance that pays for bodily injury and property damage they cause others.
- Uninsured motorist (UM) coverage You are required by Illinois law to have this coverage. It covers bodily injury to you, your passengers, members of your household or others authorized to drive your car if the other driver lacks liability coverage
- Underinsured motorist (UIM) coverage If you purchase UIM insurance above that of the at-fault driver, you may be entitled to compensation from your own UIM policy. This coverage can pay for bodily injury damages. It covers the difference between your UIM limits and the at-fault driver’s coverage.
- Other insurance coverage We can review your insurance policy to determine if other types of coverage are available in your case, including medical payments, collision and comprehensive coverage.
As we stress to each of our clients: Do not speak with the insurance company unless you have first talked with an attorney. You do not want to say or sign anything that will cost you the chance to obtain a just recovery for your losses after a car crash.
At Salvi, Schostok & Pritchard P.C., we will conduct a comprehensive review of your case to determine the full extent of your losses and the proper value of your motor vehicle accident claim. We can then negotiate directly with the insurance company or go to court on your behalf to obtain a car accident settlement.
We can also carefully resolve any healthcare, workers’ compensation or other liens that may be attached to your recovery after an auto accident.